Tuesday, January 26, 2016

It's all coming back to me

I'm feeling empowered this afternoon. During the 1990s when I was the Yearbook advisor, we used Pagemaker to design the Yearbook. I was getting pretty fluent with it. That was followed by years of software drought.

With the advent of my new iMac, the Tech team loaded an entire suite of Adobe products, including InDesign. I have had a bunch of ideas over the years for designing publications; like an aternative Yearbook model, literary magazines, project documentation, etc.


This morning I opened up its intimidating desktop view and began Googling: "create an InDesign document", "create InDesign guidelines", "create & size InDesign photos"; and of course videos, slide shows, examples abounded.

So after a morning of wonderful gaffs, un-dos, speed-key notes, and fearlessness, I think I'm almost ready to try something real.

Could be the start of something big,

No comments: