Monday, May 14, 2012

That history thread

So I have been doing some Spring cleaning here in my cabinets and library corners the past few days. Among the artifacts was a sampling of projects from my 1997 Art/Library class. Their 10-week project was called "Winter Night." It was an all-facets-of-Winter research project: snowboarding, weather prediction, area bird seed sales (42 tons at McDowell-Walker!), artificial snow-making procedures, as well as a survey of Winter snowfall memories (correllated against NOAA weather archives).

I publish here the response the students received from our Town Highway Superintendent. After depending on several 1902 journal entries for some earlier posts and projects on this blog, I am happy to report that I will be archiving this letter among our trove of ACS Library documents so that future historians have it for their research.


No comments: