Wednesday, April 8, 2020

My Day

Checked morning emails. Clarification from SLS on teacher logins for Teaching Books site that I recommended to staff on Monday. Also asked for and received login info for Overdrive Marketplace. A quick look at my SORA ebook summary, I see 38 total books opened in the last month; up from zero during January and February!

Responded to a request to share a document with elementary librarian for distribution.

Emailed poetry video to 7-12 students and staff: Oranges by Gary Soto, as well as an audio of Mary Oliver's The World.

Visited the Chronicle of Higher Education site and made two PDFs of articles to share tomorrow; Zoom tips and one on what to evaluate as a school from this crisis.

Best sentences I read in the Chronicle, "Students are grieving, one participant said. They're experiencing the dissolution of everything familiar."and it is time to “respond with flexibility, hospitality, and care.”

No comments: