Thursday, April 2, 2020

My Day

Emailed the second of my  poetry videos to students and staff for National Poetry Month. This time it was "Springtime," a poem and video I made for an ACS staff member. I emphasized in the text how there are amazing people in our lives and that poetry is way to speak from the heart about them. I followed up on with students and staff that responded. Added a paragraph about unlimited simultaneous access to "The Sorcerer's Stone" ebook during April at our SORA site.

I was late getting a "Hello" video to the composite video the principla was getting together to send to students. So filmed mine, added some helpful text and sent it off in time.

Participated in the 1:30 Skype faculty meeting.

Then tuned into the 2:00 SLS Zoom meeting with an instructional session hosted by our ebook & audiobook rep from Overdrive. She demonstrated how easy it is to add additional participating libraries like the 4CLS and the NYPL.

Investigated and practiced how SORA site and Teaching Books site might compliment each other and provide viable teaching assistance.

No comments: