Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My Day

This morning I participated in SLS instructional Zoom meeting with a representative of Teaching Books (TB); one of our SLS 24/7 online resources. They provide author interviews, vocabulary, and teaching support for over 100,000 titles. As an example, I hope to use a poem from Out of the Dust during National Poetry Month.

TB allows unregistered access to all of their resources, so that I can create links, like the following, for students learn vocabulary or to the entire resouce page:
Book Recording | Out of the Dust on TeachingBooks
Out of the Dust by Karen Hesse on TeachingBooks
Very cool. I look forward to experimenting with more applications for it during the week.

In the afternoon I attended the SLS regular Zoom meeting. We discussed the morning PD, brainstormed uses and asked questions.

Logged in to an offer for free crisis-access to School Library Journal and all their resources.

I prepared my first mailing to students and staff for National Poetry Month: a poem video for each weekday of the month. Wish me luck.

No comments: