Friday, March 27, 2020

My Day

Kept up with my reading of The Knowledge Gap with another 100 pages in the morning. I'll admit that it is very handy being able to highlight text and annotate that as you read.

In the afternoon, I followed through on an idea from yesterday's SLS, sort of. Our MakerSpace has been a large part of our library the past few years and the most inspired builds have been the ones where students transform materials meant to be one thing into something entirely new. So as an attempt to model, inspire, and create dialogue, I started to build a large Crimson Knight sculpture from around-the-yard materials; just like a student might. I hope to keep students posted on my progress, my failures, my work-arounds, and my triumphs!

Don't laugh. Someday these will be the broad front shoulders.
I'm using maple boughs and baling twine.
I'm thinking he'd look pretty cool near this sign!
And lastly I composed and send an email to MS/HS students with ebook access information (and encouragement), a video/poetry challenge, and an introduction to tune into my sculpture updates

No comments: