Monday, March 23, 2020

My Day

It was a day of getting up to speed on this working-from-home gig.

Had my school email up a running all day, sorting through PD offers, online meeting invites, and fluid changes.

From that I uploaded the Zoom app for a School Library PLC meeting on Tuesday, and the Skype for Business app for meeting on Thursday. Tried to familiarize myself with them.

I sent an email to the MS/HS Team informing them of the 100+ Professional Ed books on SORA and of the recently added 240 "Always Available" titles they might use as classroom sets. Reacquainted them with access links and logins.  Had some nice responses from colleagues.

While at SORA, I bookmarked a shelf of PD books for myself. Downloaded The Knowledge Gap by Natalie Wexler as my first read. Did about 80 pages today. Good stuff.

Read the New York Time Book Review, noting, especially, books on Winston Churchill and Thomas Cromwell. I also enjoyed the language and perspective of NYT piece on steps major museums might take at this juncture to shed their 19th century biases and reflect a more diverse and authentic view of history.

I also found an article in my RIT alumni magazine to be supportive of our PBIS program; the RIT 365 initiative to meet with all freshman in groups of less than 20 each week for "exposure to educational and social opportunities within a framework of reflection, self-awareness and community."

Working on an idea to prepare a string of videos for (each day of?) April's Poetry Month. The idea being  to use video from being at home as imagery to illustrate voiced-over poems; maybe even with the idea that students might share some too?

 Did "Stopping by a Woods on a Snowy Evening" as it began to snow this noon. Felt right.

No comments: