Wednesday, February 21, 2018

It was an analog world

I'm working my way towards an inter-active "analog" exhibit. Post-introducing students to the way technology matched up to research and information-sharing before the 4G and Cloud age; their age.
I will have the same images available on a carousel of 35 mm slides as on the digital flat screen TV opposite; plus the cameras used to capture the images.
I am closing in on replacement bulbs for my Minolta RP503 (EHJ) microfilm viewer/printer and my Bell & Howell ABR-VIII (DDS) microfiche reader. Hope to have students looking up New York Times and Time articles, and then finding them on the readers ... completing an ILL photocopy request form (remember those!).
Many of these machines (appliances?) have been in deep storage here at ACS. It is as though I am exhibiting skeleton; the students are full of questions and want to USE them!


No comments: