Thursday, January 11, 2018

My Day

Paused to read a NYTimes obituary about Eugene V. Thaw whose Thaw Collection anchors the Fenimore Art Museum in Cooperstown.

Emailed a note to HS students with a link to my Martin Luther King Jr. video, encouraging them to reflect on the day (someone came by to borrow the book that I read from!).

Posted a downloadable 2011 Afton Yearbook to the Archive section of our library site after a former student stopped by looking for a copy earlier in the week. Many thanks to ACS Tech Support for getting my scanner up and running yesterday so that I could do the job.

Combined clips in iMovie from footage I took yesterday at our Heart Saver Hero Assembly to create an event video for posting. Forward a link to administration for approval.

Noticed an article in the NYTimes about the health effects of too much device screen time on children. Forwarded a PDF to our Tech Committee along with a link to Alone Together, mentioned in the piece.

Began converting some 1992 VHS tapes of Girls Varsity Basketball games to MP4 format.

Helped a student locate a book she had borrowed and read in the past; using it as the basis for a scholarship essay!

No comments: