Thursday, February 16, 2017

My day

I began by hanging my latest poster; celebrating one of my awesome colleagues.

I shared a site on co-teaching (shared with me by a library colleague)with our Special Ed Director in support of her upcoming professional development presentation. She responded by asking me to print copies for distribution.

Noticed the president of the Afton Historical Society in our lobby and invited her for a conversation about our collaborative effort to bring artifacts from their collection into our school library.

Followed up on a Twitter feed to explore the LOC WWI site.

Received a shining thank you note from a colleague (distributed to the entire staff) for my efforts with her social studies class last week. Very nice.

Hunted up some past yearbooks for our sports-alumni group for team research.

Asked by a special ed teacher to collaborate on a poetry unit after February break. Set to meet tomorrow.

Our proof copy of Winter art/lit magazine arrived! Shared with our two collaborators. Fixed some typos. Ordered three copies for the library.
Asked by two MS teachers if i would consider teaching a elective course.

Shared information I had found and printed for student interested in sword-making.

Received a donation of wooden wheels and axles for our MakerSpace.

Toted cartons from our backroom to the reception desk a few times for the ACS food distribution program.

Processed an ILL to the Ithaca school district.

No comments: