Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Incoming

An update about how I am gathering news these days to share with staff and students:

Each day I flip through the entire hard copy of the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal. I do the same with hard copies of The Chronicle of Higher Education and the New York Review of Books when they arrive. I also take home copies of Smithsonian, NewScientist, Wired, Harpers, Architectural Record, and the Economist to read for articles I can share.

On Twitter I follow @arstechnica (tech news), @ProPublica (investigative reporting), @RealTimeWWII (World War II simulcast), @ukwarcabinet (WWII news from the Brits), @chuckobryan (professional development insights), @anoved (arts & science, pithy musings), @NickKristof (tracking page-2 World concerns), and @JFK1962 (another simulcast from the past).


My subject headings on ZITE’s trawling site are: Creativity, Painting, Librarianship, Architecture, and Critical Thinking.

 I also check news and perspective on the BBC app.

I will try to post an Outgoing entry in the future.

No comments: